Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Book Spotlight: Together Apart by Natalie Martin

Book:


Former Lad-About-Town, Adam, has found the girl of his dreams and wants to settle down.
For fifteen years, Sarah avoided commitment, until she met Adam.
A marriage proposal should lead to a happy engagement, but Sarah has a secret - and she's willing to sacrifice her happiness to keep it.


Going through a break-up is hard enough, but having to live together afterwards is even worse, especially when it's a break-up neither person wants. For Adam, there are only three ways to deal with it - sex, drugs and alcohol. For Sarah, it's keeping her distance, closely guarding the lengths she's gone to in order to keep her secret safe.

And she succeeds, until Adam finds a box of her teenage diaries and sets out to discover the truth.

Soon enough, the delicate threads of Sarah's secret begin to unravel and when her first love is brutally murdered, her past and present collide in a way that makes it impossible to keep them apart.

Adam thought he knew everything about Sarah. He was wrong.

Author:




What do you want to know about me....well, I'm a lover of pretty much anything remotely artistic - music, books, art, video games (I class them as artistic!)

I love stories with a good twist and characters I can relate to, which is one of the reason I started writing in the first place - to create characters that people can identify with.

I've just hit the big 3-0 and am originally from Sheffield, now living in London and am a lover of all things French. I've just returned from a 4 month trip to India and Thailand, so I'm bursting at the seams with new book ideas!

Teaser:

Adam switched off the alarm on his phone as it started vibrating next to his head. He heard the shower running in the bathroom and slowly sat up, rubbing his neck. He’d spent the night lying on the lumpy sofa, drifting in and out of a twenty-four hour news channel before finally falling asleep to the latest bulletin about a war somewhere in the Middle East. He should have booked today off. Going back to the office the day after a holiday was always bad enough, but after the botched proposal and a crap night’s sleep, work was the last thing he was in the mood for. It wasn’t like it was a matter of life and death anyway, not like Sarah’s job. She did something important while he just managed luxury properties and pandered to people with more money than sense. Actually, he loved his job, but it didn’t suit his mood to admit it.
He yawned as he made his way to the kitchen and flicked on the kettle. When Sarah walked in with her dressing gown wrapped tightly around herself and a towel turban-like on her head, he handed her a cup.
‘I made you some coffee.’
‘Thanks.’
She slowly took a sip and leaned against the cooker. He watched as she ran her finger around the rim of the cup and bit down on her lip, a tell-tale sign she was thinking about something. He needed to say something to end the silence that was getting heavier by the second.
‘So, I think we need to talk.’
She nodded. ‘I know. I’ve been thinking. Your proposal . . . it made me realise that I can’t do this anymore.’
Adam drew his eyebrows together. ‘Do what?’
‘This. Us.’
His heart almost leapt right out of his throat, but his cheek twitched as he willed himself not to show it. He had to stay in control. ‘Are you serious?’
‘You don’t want to marry me, Adam. You can do a hell of a lot better than someone like me.’
‘Forgive me for being a bit dense here, but things were fine before. Are you seriously telling me you want to split up because I proposed?’
‘It’s not just that. There are things that I can’t explain but I can’t be with you, not anymore. It’s not fair on either of us.’
Her words hit him as hard as a punch to the gut, and she looked straight at him with tears filming her eyes. This couldn’t really be what she wanted. She might have said the words, but the trembling in her voice betrayed her. This was Sarah. She wasn’t a callous person. There was no way she’d throw away their relationship like it meant nothing.
‘I’m going to be late. I need to go,’ she said, putting her cup on the side before leaving the kitchen.
Then again, maybe she could. 


Social Media links:

Twitter

Facebook

Wattpad

Blog


Where to Buy:

1 comment: